Home > Initiatives > Stem Cell School
Stem Cell School is an educational initiative of the Genetics Policy Institute, the Stem Cell Network (Canada), and Radiant 3-D to improve the fundamental understanding of stem cell biology through an engaging educational website with accurate, credible, and up-to-date stem cell content and multimedia resources.
The website is designed for high school and undergraduate level life-science educators. The unique educational content found on this site was developed collaboratively with award winning high school educators, international stem cell organizations and professional medical animators--creating dynamic and engaging educational resources that teach pertinent cellular biology topics through the lens of stem cells and cellular reprogramming.
Stem Cell School provides teachers with a "turn-key" multimedia learning module that features:
- computer generated animations
- illustrated glossary
- microscopy image and video library
- complete lesson plan with PowerPoint slides and quiz questions
- robust stem cell glossary and much more!
Stem Cell School's first lesson covers the topic of cellular reprogramming and the creation of induced pluripotent stem cells. This lesson may be used to supplement the teaching of:
- gene regulation
- gene transcription and protein translation
- genetic engineering and transgenics
- developmental biology and epigenetics
- viral infection and replication
This lesson on cellular reprogramming is Stem Cell School's pilot project and the first of a serious of lessons that will teach the science and application of stem cell biology and regenerative medicine. Stem Cell School's first lesson covers the topic of cellular reprogramming and the creation of induced pluripotent stem cells.
- GPI, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., and GEN Announce World Stem Cell Summit Collaboration
Jun 10, 2013
- World Stem Cell Summit Update: Early Discounted Registration Now Open
Jun 07, 2013
- World Stem Cell Summit Update: Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
Jun 2, 2013
- Stem Cell Action Coalition Applauds Cloned Stem Cell Breakthrough
May 16, 2013
- ISSCR 11th Annual Meeting
- Culturing a Stem Cell Community: UC Berkeley Stem Cell Symposium
- World Conference on Regenerative Medicine
Conference Center Leipzig